Monday, August 15, 2005

Honesty is not the best policy

Today I contact a realtor about a property. Mind you, have a buyer realtor but she told me that if another realtor did not want to work with her on a listing - I could still find out about it on my own. Needless to say, that is what I did today.

The guy started out very pleasant. He was happy to hear that I was pre-approved and the amount that I was pre-approved for. After that he asked me if I made an offer on the property would I have the 10% down that was required. Outside of having money saved, I have been looking into programs that assist with the down-payments and also a bank that has a nice first buyer program. Plus, there are the Freddie Mae and Sonyma loans available. (Sorry but I wanted you to have some background information.) So, I was honest and said we didn't have the entire 10% but I can speak to the broker about it.

Well, he 360'd and decided to give me the Real Estate Buying 101 (plus he wasn't very nice about it). To make a long story short, he was basically telling me without $30K in the bank - we could not do business. I understand that he was talking from a business perspective (as I was calling from an investor perspective) but what he basically did was turned away business - period. I would never do any kinds of business with that company let alone that guy.

Someone who was interested in maintaining a possible business relationship would have said that they couldn't show me the apartment because they need to know that I could put 10% down but I should give them a call later on when I am able to. And leave it at that.

C'est la vie. He might pull that shit on the wrong person and get a visit at his office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home