Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ear Worms

I remember people talking about songs (that they would never listen to in a million years) that were embedded into their skulls like a chip. They used the term Ear Worms - once they get in, it takes time for your immune system to target it and whip it out. Yet, every day, week or month - there is a new strain out.

Lately, I have been too lazy to charge and update my beloved iPod Mini. I have been missing out on the weekly free songs too. Due to this laziness, I have been listening to a radio at my work desk. I started to notice how the radio stations try to plant Ear Worms. "Crazy Frog" crap and that Natasha Bedingfield song, WTF? I refuse to let that crap get into my head. As soon as I hear them, off the radio goes - period.

The next thing I noticed is that they play the same songs over and over! I can only stomach "Don't Phunk with my heart" once a day let alone 5-6 times in an 8 hour work day! Songs that I did like (Pon de Replay) are losing their flavor. Then one DJ plays the same songs almost every day during his show - Destiny's Child - Emotions and Lit - Own Worst Enemy. Give me a break. If I was paying for this, I would cancel my membership.

I know, if you don't like it turn it off. Believe me, I do. I had a point to this post but now I forgot...

1 Comments:

Blogger ::spvix:: said...

giggle....chuckle..GUFFAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!

i remember some story where the ruling authorites had made a policy of playing taped recordings of propaganda and etiquette procedures into the ears of sleeping infants to ensure the "right" socialization of the citizenry.... now what could that have been...??

oh yeah, "Brave New World".
actually, on the not funny tip, most radio stations have two views on playing stuff repeatedly:
1.the payers get played
and
2.tuners don't stay; they browse.
most people look around and stop when they hear "that" tune that floats the boat.
its really too bad that most people like the crap you can't stand.
oh well.
what do you make of the Duran Duran reformation?
i saw a tune on some late night show and was moderately horrified but not entirely disgusted. but even so, i have a strong stomache and it was bad. is the album(ooops) disk any good? and how are YOU?

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home