Monday, August 22, 2005

Deep Blue

Lately I have been suffering from a deep depression. It has been over 10 years since I have experienced this type of depression. In the past, I would stay in bed for the whole day. I would only get up to shower, feed the cats and call in sick. After 7 days of that, I would get up and go to work that Monday with a note from my physician. (At that time, I was working for a company that gave you your time off at the beginning of the year rather than you spending time accumulating it.)

For some reason, I can't shake this feeling. I have been getting up and dragging myself to work. Last week I was out 2 days but I can afford more than 1 day without pay.

I keep thinking about what I need to change. I decided not to go back to college because the great paying jobs are not falling into my lap. I also decided I need a job closer to home. The commute and the atmosphere on Uranus is not healthy at ALL! I am still waiting on resumes that I have sent out. At least email a person saying, "Thanks but no thanks."

I can't help but wonder, am I the only person experiencing this? Most of the people I know are doing fairly well and seem fairly happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home