Saturday, March 19, 2005

What a Saturday!

Today I was suppose to go to Atlantic City with some family. When they called me this morning, I was soooo tired that I decided to stay home. Around 7:30a.m. Tiger, my red tabby cat, was growling so I shooed Pudgie(another cat) away from him. About 30 minutes later, he has alot of trouble getting on the bed. As he is laying next to me, he was moving funny so I got up to check on him and he starts meowing funny. Mind you, this is a cat that very rarely meows. So when he jumps off the bed, he continues to growl and meow.

I follow him and he is limping. I thought he may have had a splinter or something but it wasn't the case. We called my sister, who works at the animal hospital and headed over. After 6 hours, the doctor sees him and it turns out that he torn his cruciate ligament in the knee. Since he is 15lbs, this may have added to the injury so now he is in a soft, yellow cast (SO CUTE) and he has to lose 2-3 pounds.

I was so glad that he didn't break anything! Phew. But he is not out of the woods yet! In 3 weeks, we have to see how he is recovering. If it's not good - he may need surgery! Poor Juicy!

2 Comments:

Blogger RichardKS said...

Wait... your cat damaged his ligament because he is obese? That's hilarious.

8:55 PM  
Blogger MuffinGal said...

Thanks. lol

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home