Sunday, March 06, 2005

Apple Tech Support SUCKS

Let me start from the beginning...

I brought a mini iPod for my sister as a Christmas gift. A few weeks after 12/25/04, she noticed that her battery life was less than 8 hours and when the battery died - the time resets back to January 1, 2000 - 12:00am.

First I call Apple and they tell me that they want to help me troubleshoot over the phone. I tell the tech that I have troubleshooted it and I have another mini that does not the problem. I aske him if he could just tell me if the iPod is suppose to do this. He tells me no. So I arrange a repair online and indicate the problem on Apple's little Q and A. They send me a box and off we send the Pink mini.

On the day they received the mini, they send it back out. Ok, first you could say, "Wow, that is a great turn around time!" or you can say, "How could that be? I know there was a problem." I call Apple tech support before I got it back to ask WTF? They tell me that the techs hook the iPod to the system, run some diagnostics and if they come back negative, the iPod is seen as problem free and they ship it back. I asked if they even read my additional "notes". She could see what I typed in but could not tell me if the techs referred to my notes.

As it turns out, the mini ipod is still having the problem. I called again and they gave me the same SONG AND DANCE that the other representative gave me. I can:

  1. Send it back again.
  2. Take it back to the Apple tore.


WOW! Those are my options from the award winning Apple Care technicians! What bullshit! Mind you, I got a really nice engraving but if I take it back to the store and they exchange it - I can't get it engraved by Apple.

Hmmm, let's see what they do to please this customer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home