Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Talk about Cold

Yesterday it was about 13 degrees in New York. When I left my office and got into my car, I tried to start my iPod mini and it would not work. Of course this pissed me off since I have a 45 to 60 minute commute ahead of me and radio can be such a bore sometimes.

I thought it might be the temperture that shocked the iPod so I waited till the car warmed up... nothing. I sat on it... nothing. Finally, I reset my mini and she worked! Thank God!

So today I hit the net looking for operating tempertures for the mini and this is what I found:

Environmental requirements
• Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
• Non operating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
• Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
• Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)

So basically, she had frostbite! As if I didn't have my fingers and skin to worry about in this weather!

1 Comments:

Blogger RichardKS said...

Hypothermia, surely? Frostbite would mean bits of your 'pod turned black and fell off. You may not be covered for that in the warranty.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home