Friday, December 03, 2004

Visit with the doctor

On Tuesday, I hit my beloved Dr. Cavaliere. When his assistant saw me, she laughed. She was commenting on how I was my own doctor. I had my crutches and my stabilizer boot! She had to ask me if I even saw a doctor or did I wrap my foot myself. LOL

When I told the Dr. about the advice that the ER doctor gave me, he was surprised. He said they should have at least given me a soft cast. He also said that it sounded like I was at a hospital in a foreign country. He took x-rays and it turns out that my fracture was indeed in perfect anatomical alignment meaning that I broke it but it didn't shift. He gave me an unna boot (a soft cast) and told me to rest. He said I could walk but he didn't recommend me driving.

DILEMMA HERE! I have to drive to work! So he told me that he can't tell me that I can drive. Understandable. I know that I can't drive with the stabilizer boot. There isn't enough room for it. But I may be able to with the surgical shoe. I will try this tomorrow since my foot is just swollen and the pain had been brought to a minimum thanks to the soft cast.

I am hoping that I still have a job on Monday! :-

1 Comments:

Blogger RichardKS said...

there is only one solution: naked skateboarding.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home