Monday, November 29, 2004

TGIF?

What a lazy day I had on Friday! Final Fantasy X all day! After a full day of fun, we were going to head to my parent's place for more of that delicious thanksgiving food! Mmmmmmmmm. As life would have it, I twisted my ankle on the broken step in front of my building and fell flat on my back. I called out to Tobacco but he said that when he turned I was already close to the ground. It happened that fast!

I started crying because my ankle hurt. I keep saying I think I broke my ankle but Tobacco told me that I just twisted it. The dispatcher at the taxi stand called an ambulance for me. I didn't want to take it but the few people who saw me fall said that since I stepped on the broken step and it caused me to twist my foot it was better that I took the ambulance. They also said that I would be seen faster if I took the ambulance.

When they finally came, they put me and checked my ankle. The EMT said that it was most likely a sprain. I saw 3 doctors that night in the ER and they all said that I have the symptoms of a sprain but the x-ray found a fracture in my ankle at the fibula. The place where it was fractured made it a "stable" fracture. Due to this, they didn't give me a cast nor a splint. They did give me crutches. I was in and out of the ER in 90 minutes! Thank God.

Tomorrow I see my doctor about my ankle. He is a podiatrist but I called him and he said that he would see me. I am hoping that he will concur that I am good without the cast. I have been using the stablizer boot that he gave me for my foot surgery and it has been helping. Although, whenever I twist my foot or pick it up it hurts a little.

So now, I will be out of work a couple of days...(yay!) BUT without pay! (aw...) To be honest I would rather be at work than to be home with a fractured ankle. Argh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home