Friday, November 12, 2004

Right after Veteran's Day

This morning, a New York radio station - Z100 was doing a skit called Wheel of Taxi where you guess the name of the cab driver by guessing letters in order to win tickets to their charity concert. Well, the cabbie they got on the phone was trying to be funny and said that he would cut Greg-T's head off.

I did not find that funny at all. I thought they should have ended the skit right there. I am not sure what Elvis was trying to do but a little while later he says, "There might be a beheading before the end of the skit." I thought that was tasteless.

So I decided to email them. This is what I said:

<<
Dear Morning Zoo,

I love you guys but I have to say that I thought the comment that the cabbie said about cutting Greg T's head of was insensitive and inappropriate. Elvis didn't help the situation when he said there may be a beheading before the end of the skit. That was tasteless and tacky. You should have found a way to end the skit.

I am not angered but disappointed in how that situation was dealt with.

>>

I wonder how many calls and emails they have gotten about those comments. I am sure alot of people in this area have family out there. I am one of those people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home