Monday, September 11, 2006

Dumb American?

It has been a long summer. I decided that after a year, I was ready to begin pursuing my Master's degree... again. 2004, was not a good year. I started a new job and started my degree. Due to issues at work, I became incredibly discouraged about alot of things and it began to affect my schoolwork. As it turns out, I got a C+ in my Java 2 class which caused the college to put me on probation! (For the graduate program, I had to have a B in this class.) Now, in order for me to move forward I have to take the class again. OK, so I am.

During my first class, I encounter a guy who informs me that he needs a notetaker. I tell him that he can copy my notes if need be. By the end of class, I realize that he has a problem seeing (he is blind in one eye) and so I extend my offer again. As it turns out, I had to sign a sheet for his counselor at the college. Ok, fine. It also turns out he is in my Java 2 class, so now he takes a copy of my notes in that class.

So why am I mentioning this? Well, primarily because he has been HARASSING me for a copy of my assignments and the fact that I overheard him telling someone that Americans were stupid! (Did I mention that the blind guy is East Indian?) WTF?

Let me put it in context. During our break, he was telling another classmate (who happens to be chinese) that his brother just got his PHD in computer engineering or something like that and he gets paid WELL! He says that he brother gets all this work because americans are dumb and can't do the work. This leads him to believe that he will get companies to sponsor him (since he is on a student visa) for this reason.

Now, he doesn't realize that I heard him but I plan to let him know that if Americans are so dumb, why does he want a copy of my work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home