Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Apple Cares... NOT!

After my job begrudgingly sent us home Wednesday because of a power outage (where we were still expected to make up 7 hours), I set off to lunch and the Apple Store with my mom and sister. Lunch is self explanatory but the Apple Store... well, once again I am having iPod Mini issues. Yep, that lovely battery. The last time I had issues, they told me that there were none.

This time I am down from 7.5-8 hours to 1-4 hours. Well, one of their "genuises" helped me after I scheduled an appointment. The first thing he did was see if I was running the current software. OH, my - I wasn't. I explained to him that I had sync issues so I had to bring it back to an earlier release. Would you believe he told me that that is why Apple releases those updates?! They rectify these types of issues. I told him that my battery DYING does not have to do with the software. BELIEVE ME!

I have done EVERY freggin' thing that Apple tells you to do on their site and I am still 4-6 hours short of a working iPod! The worst thing was his arrogance. He started nice but then he got alittle bitchy (to say the least). I felt like telling him that maybe I should contact IBM about my laptop. Perhaps I need a software update to fix my 15 minute battery life!

Needless to say, I sent it back to Apple via the net. Considering that the iPod is over 16 months old and we all know that those batteries have an 18 month life - I doubt it's a software issue.

I will let you know what Apple says.

2 Comments:

Blogger RichardKS said...

I just posted a picture of a naked Mickey Mouse, crucified and surrounded by swastikas. I thought you should know.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Frisby said...

You should report that "know-it_all" to apple as well. Riff Raff like that can make someone just give apple the finger all together.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home